Loser-Savkar Women in Science PaTHS Scholarship
The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation and the College Financial Aid Office are pleased to announce the availability of the Loser-Savkar Women in Science PaTHS Scholarship listed below for the Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 Semesters. The scholarship was established to encourage completion of the AS in Science degree at NOVA and to support science-related career paths for women.
NOVA Professors Reva A. Savkar and Robert C. Loser established the PaTHS scholarship to honor the commitment to education of their parents, Prabha, Theodore, Hazel, and Shrikrishna.
1. Student must be a female currently taking full-time (12 credits or more) or part-time (6 credits –11 credits) NOVA classes.
2. Student must be in a science-related curriculum, as part of an AS in Science degree program at NOVA.
3. Student must have completed at least 24 credits at NOVA with at least 12 science credits in BIO, CHM, ENV, GOL, NAS, and PHY courses.
4. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher.
5. Up to 6 science course credits earned at other institutions or through testing programs are acceptable if they appear on the student’s NOVA transcript.