Professor Richard D. Semmler Pathway to the Baccalaureate Community Service Scholarship
The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation and the College Financial Aid Office are pleased to announce the availability of the scholarship listed below for the upcoming academic year. This scholarship is open to Pathway students who demonstrate a commitment to serve others. Pathway students in general are the recipients of ongoing support and encouragement throughout their college careers. This scholarship rewards students who are ready to pay it forward! Recipients of this award will be required to spend 15 hours in service each semester. This service can be completed on campus or in the local community. Students must also maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Number of awards offered: 35
Value of each award: $1000 (Amount will be divided into two semester– Fall and Spring)
- Must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Must complete 15 hours in service each semester.
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may complete the Alternative Needs Assessment form (ANA), if you are not eligible to complete the FAFSA.
The Alternate Needs Assessment form can be found here.
Contact your local Pathway to the Baccalaureate Advisor.
[Please Note: Number and value of awards is subject to change, depending on donor availability. Recipients are expected to enroll full time, but may request permission to go part time)
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your current major?
- Who is your current Pathway to the Baccalaureate counselor or advisor?
- Are you a student who was selected from high school for the Pathway to the Baccalaureate program?
- Other Pathway to the Baccalaureate Scholarships may become available. If you would like to be considered for those scholarships, please make sure to indicate that by selecting YES.