Alexandria Endowed Photography Scholarship
The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation and the College Financial Aid Office are pleased to announce the availability of the scholarship listed below for the 2021-2022 academic year. To qualify, applicants must be actively placed for a Photography degree at Alexandria in the current academic year, submit work to the 2021 Photography and Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria. Guidelines for submission to the juried show are available from the PHT program.
$2000 will be distributed.
The scholarship may be used only for tuition, books and / or supplies at NOVA as stated in NOVA Educational Foundation Scholarship Policy.
1. Must be placed for the AAS Photography + Media degree or AAA Fine Art with a Specialization in Photography.
2. Must have already successfully completed at least three (3) PHT credits at NOVA Alexandria.
3. Must be enrolled in a PHT class in the 2020-2021 academic year at NOVA Alexandria.
4. Must be willing to use the scholarship funds for PHT classes at Alexandria by the end of 2022.
5. Must submit work to the 2021 Photography + Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria.
How to Apply:
There are two steps to the application:
1. Submit work to the 2021 Photography + Media Student Juried Show, online, here.
Applicants must enter four pieces of work (or at least one video work) for the 2021 Photography + Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria following submission guidelines, and check the scholarship application box on the submission form.
2. Complete the scholarship application online, administered by the College. Be sure to complete both portions.
An essay is not required for the Alexandria Endowed Photography Scholarship.
Deadline for Application:
Work must be submitted to the Photography + Media Student Juried Show during the online submission period March 26-April 9, 2021.
The Scholarship Application online must be completed by April 10, 2021.