Apple Federal Credit Union Foundation Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation and the Student Financial Aid Office are pleased to announce the availability of the Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship. This scholarship is given in honor of Apple Federal Credit Union Foundation’s longtime support of NOVA and its students. The purpose of the Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship Program is to increase access to higher education and to develop student leadership potential for graduating high school seniors who will be attending NOVA in the fall. Students must demonstrate academic excellence, community service and leadership.
1) Commonwealth Legacy Scholars will be students who are attending NOVA for the first time in the Fall of 2020.
2) Applicants must be legal Virginia residents attending a Virginia high school.
3) Applicants will demonstrate a willingness to promote community college education and the Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship Program.
4) Applicants will demonstrate a willingness to mentor future scholars.
5) Applicants will demonstrate a commitment to developing leadership potential.
6) Applicants must be full-time, associate’s degree seeking students with plans to graduate from NOVA.
7) Applicants must agree to an interview with the selecting committee to be considered.