Alexandria Endowed Photography Scholarship
The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation and the College Financial Aid Office are pleased to announce the availability of the scholarship listed below for the 2017-1018 academic year. To qualify, applicants must be actively placed for a Photography degree at Alexandria in the current academic year, submit work to the 2018 Photography and Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria. Guidelines for submission to the juried show are available from the PHT program.
1. Must be placed for the AAA Fine Art with a Specialization in Photography or the AAS Photography + Media.
2. Must be enrolled in a NOVA PHT class in the 2017-2018 academic year at Alexandria.
3. Must have already successfully completed at least three credits in PHT at NOVA Alexandria.
4. Must submit work to the 2018 Photography + Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria.
5. Must be willing to enroll in at least one more PHT class at Alexandria.
How to Apply:
There are two parts to the application:
1. Complete the standard scholarship application online, administered by the College.
The essay portion is not required for the Alexandria Endowed Photography Scholarship, but may be required for other scholarships.
2. Submit work to the 2018 Photography + Media Student Juried Show in person.
Applicants must enter four pieces of work (or at least one video work) for the 2018 Photography + Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria following submission guidelines, and check the scholarship application box on the submission form.
Recipient Selection Process:
The Alexandria Photography + Media Faculty will select the recipient(s).
Work must be submitted to the Photography + Media Student Juried Show by the deadline.