Alexandria Endowed Photography Scholarship
The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation and the College Financial Aid Office are pleased to announce the availability of the scholarship listed below for the 2018-2019 academic year. To qualify, applicants must be actively placed for a Photography degree at Alexandria in the current academic year, and submit work to the 2017 Photography and Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria. Guidelines for submission are available from the PHT program.
$ 1000 will be distributed
The scholarship may be used only for tuition, books and / or supplies at NOVA as stated in NOVA Educational Foundation Scholarship Policy.
1. Must be placed for the AAA Fine Art with a Specialization in Photography or the AAS Photography + Media.
2. Must be enrolled in a NOVA PHT class in the 2016-2017 academic year at Alexandria .
3. Must have already completed at least 3 credits in PHT at NOVA Alexandria.
4. Must submit work to the 2017 Photography and Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria.
5. Must be willing to enroll in at least one more PHT class at Alexandria.
How to Apply:
There are two parts to the application, an online portion administered by the College and submission of work to the Photography + Media Student Juried Show.
Submit supporting materials in person
You must submit four pieces of work (or at least one video work) for the 2017 Photography + Media Student Juried Show at Alexandria. The same submission guidelines apply to both the Juried Show and the Scholarship application.
Recipient Selection Process:
The Alexandria Photography + Media Faculty will select the recipient.
Deadline for Application:
The Scholarship Application online must be completed by April 13, 2017.
Work must be submitted to the Photography + Media Student Juried Show by the deadline on April 13, 2017.