Community College STEM Scholarship
Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) encourages academically talented individuals to pursue studies and careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The VSGC offers a limited number of scholarship opportunities to students majoring in STEM at any campus in the Virginia Community College System (VCCS). These $2,000 scholarships are competitive awards based on academic merit for students demonstrating an interest in NASA’s missions and STEM related careers. Underrepresented minorities, females and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a competitive program and awards are based on student academic merit and potential for a successful career in a STEM field. The VSGC strongly supports students engaged in technical career pathways and preparing to transfer to institutions of higher learning while developing the essential skills for a competitive global workforce.
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must be enrolled full-time during the award period in a Virginia Community College.
• Must have completed at least one semester of coursework (minimum of 9 credit hours) at the time of application.
• Must be majoring in a STEM program
• Must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Must be graduating in May 2019 or later
*Applied Health Science majors are not eligible for this scholarschip