Horatio Alger Association Career & Technical Scholarship Program.
The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, and strength of character; have financial need; and are committed to pursue a career or technical certificate/degree.
RECEIVE UP TO $2,500 TO PURSUE CAREER OR
To be considered eligible for the Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program, applicants must:
• Have completed high school or plan to complete high school by Spring 2017 with plans to enroll at a non-profit post-secondary institution by fall 2017
• Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
• Demonstrate critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
• Demonstrate perseverance in overcoming adversity
• Be involved in community service activities
• Be 30 years old or younger
• Be a United States citizen
To apply for the Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program, the following must be completed by June 15, 2017:
• An online application at application.horatioalger.org.
• A copy of the full Student Aid Report (SAR). Income documentation must be submitted online.
• Documentation showing tuition and fees for school/program of choice.
• Proof of citizenship (if not born in the United States).
• Applications submitted after June 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awards are contingent on availability.