Workforce Development Award for National Certifications
The Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation and the Student Financial Aid Office are pleased to announce the availability of the scholarship listed below for the 2015-2016 academic year.
1.Must be an IT student or IT professional and demonstrate financial need and merit for national certificate programs (noncredit) either enrolled or intending to enroll in Workforce programs such as:
a. MS, Window 7 Configuration
b. CompTIA, A+hardware
c. CompTIA, A+ software
d. CompTIA, Network +
e. CompTIA, Security +
f. CompTIA, Security +
g. Cisco, CCENT
h. Cisco, CCNA
i. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv8)
2. Must be a current or former NOVA student (credit or noncredit).
3. Must submit transcripts that are applicable to your request.
4. Must submit a letter of recommendation from employer, faculty, or instructor.
5. Within the application, your goals should include why you are applying for the scholarship and how it will be used to help you reach your academic and professional goals (250 word minimum- 500 word maximum).
6. Within the application, you must provide projected examination date and agreement to provide exam results.
7. Current Workforce students can submit an application via this link: http://goo.gl/forms/2WyqISsS9f (Paste in browser).
A complete listing of Workforce Certificate Programs can be found at: http://www.nvcc.edu/workforce/index.html